Experience the sights & sounds of Mumbai
A once in a lifetime chance to see the real Mumbai
Don't bypass the opportunity to see this wonderful City
2 days you'll never forget
The perfect start to your Indian journey
From February 18-20 we're offering a small group of people coming to our Ashram retreat the opportunity to see one of the world's most fascinating cities, Mumbai.
Together we'll see the hidden gems that make this city what it is, from great food and sights, to the incredible Dharavi slum where 1 million people live.
Prepare to be amazed and enthralled and have experiences you'll take with you forever.
Dharvai slum tour
Get to see the infamous Dharavi, one of Asia's largest slums at close quarters. More than 1 million people live here in a square mile radius that is the epicentre of small scale industry in Mumbai.
Early morning bicycle tour
This is Mumbai as you have never seen it before: calm and peaceful. While the rest of the city is only just beginning to wake up, we take advantage of the empty streets and cool air to explore South Mumbai by cycle.
Both tours are with our friends at Reality Tours & Travel, a responsible tour company that gives back 80% of their profits to support local development projects in Dharavi.
Where we'll stay
A lovely, quirky art hotel tucked away in a leafy lane of Bhandra West, a vibrant Mumbai suburb.
Sunday 18th February
- 2pm Check-in to hotel
- 4pm Leave for Dharavi slum tour
- 7pm Return from tour
- 8pm Dinner at Olive Bar & Kitchen in hotel
Monday 19th February
- 6am Leave for bicycle tour and dosa breakfast
- 10am Return from tour
- All day Spa treatments, relax
- 7pm Dinner at Saltwater Café
Tuesday 20th February
- 7am Breakfast
- 8am Check-out of hotel
- 8.30am Taxis depart for airport
- 11.30am GoAir flight to Goa
- 1pm Transfer to Beach St Resort
This optional bolt-on trip costs just £500 and includes:
- 2 nights luxury accommodation including breakfast
- 2 evening meals at some of Mumbai's finest eateries
- Early morning bicycle tour around the backstreets, markets and main sights of the city
- Afternoon slum tour of incredible Dharavi
- Spa treatment of your choice at our hotel
- Local transfers from hotel to restaurants and activities (does not include airport transfer. Uber is by far the best option.)
If you'd like to take up this option please email Laurence before 30 November to secure your place firstname.lastname@example.org (limited to 10 people)